Stories by real people about real issues
After the recent presidential election, we’ve seen legislation targeting healthcare, education, immigration, labor, the environment, and more. We’ve also seen a surge in hate crimes around the country. All of us feel the changes in different ways, yet the human cost to real people is only clear to others through our stories.
In no more than 500 words, share your experience with one of the following:
- Affordable Care Act—Have you or a loved one benefited from the ACA? What effect will its repeal have on you?
- Immigration—Are you (or someone you know) affected by the new laws?
- Identity—Are you or a loved one threatened by fear/hatred of some aspect of your selfhood? (race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, etc.)
- Planned Parenthood
- Child Care
- Something Else
Guidelines for submissions:
- No insults, put-downs or expressions of hate
- Keep the stories personal—about you or someone very close to you
- Submissions on more than one topic are fine
- Provide a title and the name you want the public to see on your story
- We’ll help with revision and editing—you’ll get to approve any changes
- If you’d like to include a photograph, we can arrange to take one
Please send your story (preferably as a formatted Word or Google Doc attachment) to